Setting up Home Office Fresno CA
Elements Design Studios, Inc.
1452 W. Minarets
Data Provided by:
Michael Weil Design
912 E Floradora Ave
Data Provided by:
The Finishing Touch
1731 W Bullard Ste 110
Fresno , CA
Pleasant Mattress, Inc.
375 S. West Ave
7580 N Ingram #103
402 W. Bedford #107
555 W Shaw B7
Prices and/or Promotions
Call for estimates
Peninsula Business Interiors PBI
4057 W Shaw Ave #102
3273 W. Shaw Ave
Interior Services & Design
4603 N. Brawley, Suite 101
Data Provided by:
Setting up Home Office
Whether you’re telecommuting full-time, or just want a peaceful space to pay your bills, a sensible, well-stocked home office can reduce stress and make you more productive.
Location, Location, Location
You need to place your home office in a dedicated space that is well out of household traffic patterns to provide you some peace and quiet. Consider these often under-utilized spaces as possibilities for your home office.
- Finished basement
- Remodeled attic
- Spare bedroom
- Breakfast nook
- Unused corner of a kitchen or family room
Whichever space you select, make sure that it has the following key elements.
- Space is completely dry
- Plenty of room for all of your equipment, plus additional storage
- Multiple electrical outlets
- Phone line(s)
- Adequate ventilation
- Heating and cooling
- Bright, uniform lighting
Don’t skimp here. Sitting for long hours at a desk and chair that makes you uncomfortable can severely distract you, and even cause lingering health problems. Get comfortable, and put everything within easy reach.
- A desk that easily accommodates your equipment
- A fully adjustable ergonomic chair
- An adjustable desk lamp
- File cabinets
- Protective floor mat
- A large table to lay out and review documents
- Comfortable extra chair to accommodate visitors
Make it Yours
Personalize your space.
- Decorate it in a color that pleases and stimulates you
- Hang pictures
- Install a stereo system if you enjoy working to music
Make sure you have all necessary tools for the tasks at hand.
- Computer and necessary software
- Ergonomic keyboard
- Mouse and mouse-pad or trackball
- A compatible printer
- Fax machine
- Network Router
- Paper shredder
Keep a good quantity of these office supplies on hand so you’re always prepared.
- Printer paper
- Personal stationary
- Photo paper
- Labels and a label-maker
- Marking pens
- Ink cartridges for fax machines and printers
- Canned compressed air for cleaning sensitive equipment
- Computer screen cleaning cloths
- Paper clips
- Rubber bands
- Hanging and file folders
- Envelopes and stamps
- Sticky notes
The demands of a high tech office space have changed considerably over the last few years. If you need a higher-tech space and have the resources to do a major upgrade on your home office, here are some tips you might consider.
- Install a panel upgrade to accommodate additional power requirements
- Install a wireless network to eliminate unsightly wires and holes in walls and ceilings
- Purchase a high quality surge protector and uninterruptible power source (UPS)
- Install additional outlets as you add peripherals
After you’ve set everything up, make sure that you’re protected from accidents, invasions or theft.
- Update your home insurance
- Consider purchasing an alarm system
- Password protect any sensitive files on your computer
- Install antiviral software on your computer
- Set up a firewall on your network
- Keep a fire extinguisher handy
- Install a smoke alarm
- Lock up confidential files
Get a free subscription to Homeminders’ home management system (no credit card required)