Warranty Clerk Stockton CA
CARQUEST Auto Parts
908 3rd Ave Chula Vista.CA
Chula Vista, CA
Work Assessment Vocational Education Program
1101 E University Ave
National Bartenders School
12707 Magnolia Ave #3
The Training Institute
1901 E Shields Ave #250
First In Emergency Response Training LLC
200 Stantonville Dr.
Pacific Coast Trade School
1690 Universe Circle
The Art Institute of California - San Francisco
1170 Market St.
San Francisco, CA
Lo Cost Automotive&Muffler
1421 Broadway, Ste 105 Chula Vista,CA91911
Chula Vista, CA
Claxton Counseling Centers
2112 N Main St
Santa Ana, CA
1700 E. Mountain
From Automotive Retailing Today...
Warranty clerks make sure the dealership is paid for warranty work by preparing, submitting and following up on claims.
As with all positions within dealerships, warranty clerks are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
The duties of a warranty clerk include:
- Processing all warranty paperwork to ensure proper documentation and verifying criteria required by factory or distributor.
- Keeping abreast of all factory recalls and announcements.
- Arranging for parts to be shipped to the factory or distributor and resubmitting all rejected claims promptly.
- Assisting with body shop warranty claims and following up on outstanding claims.
- Reconciling all warranty receivables and working with the accounting department to obtain payments.
- Keeping track of all warranty parts by noting the repair order number, date of replacement and date on which part may be disposed.
- Maintaining all service and customer records as required by the warrantor.
Warranty clerks should have experience with automotive parts (identification, inspection, classification of component groups, etc.) and overall automotive vehicle knowledge. Warranty clerks also need to have good computer skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
People working within the automotive retail industry often have to work extended hours, evenings and weekends to achieve their goals.
Most dealerships require a high school diploma or equivalent Classes in business, mathematics and computers are useful.
Warranty clerks may advance to managerial positions within the dealership with experience.
The average annual earnings of warranty clerks are approximately $28,000 to $39,000. Earnings vary depending on experience, and the dealer's geographic location and size.
Please click here for more information about average salaries.
Benefits vary by employer, but most dealerships offer on site training, health insurance, retirement plans, and other benefit options. Talk with the specific dealer human resource manager about benefit packages.
Find out more at CareerVoyages.gov